Wednesday, December 22, 2010

even more poetry

Ode to Hope

Hope

Warm and sweet

Filling

A candle’s tiny flickering flame

Holding back the darkness

Little stars twinkling

Amidst the blackest night

A ray of sunshine

Cutting through stormy grey clouds

Fragile

But strong


Hope

The feeling of flying

Soaring

Free and fearless

Floating high above

The troubled earth

Untouchable

Safe

Everything will work out

The possibilities are endless

Fly on

From this high

Failure seems impossible


And yet, hope gives way to hurt

You can’t live in a dream world

You can’t float forever

And sometimes you have to fall

Sometimes hope lets you down

And you tumble

Hitting ground hurts

Disappointment stings

Failure smarts

Loss aches


And so you lie there

And you hurt

And you cry

But hope doesn’t desert you

It picks you back up

And you begin to run

And to wish

And then to fly

And to hope

And to dream

And life goes on

You continue to float

And crash

And float yet again


For though hope is frail

It’s also resistant

You can smother it

You can rip it to shreds

You can stab it

You can strangle it

Yet no matter what you do

No matter how you mangle

And try to destroy it

Hope will always rise again

You can stomp on it

You can beat it down

You can do your best to stamp it out

But you can’t crush it

Hope lives on

For without hope

It would be a dark world indeed


Walls

If I could see into your heart

Through the walls and gates

And straight to your soul

What would I find?


All the struggles you hide?

The hurts you keep locked up inside?

The feelings you never show

Feelings for me?

All these things I can’t understand

Because I never see


And if I could show you mine

Would you finally see

How I feel

And how I ache

How I long to help

And to be heard

To understand


Would you see who I really am?

Would I finally know you?

Or would you even care?


If we could see eye to eye

What hurts we could prevent

What dreams we could bring to life

What joy we could share


If I could see into your heart

What would I find?

Would you be the person I think you are?

Would I finally know the truth?


And if you could see into mine

Would I be who you think I am?

Would my actions make sense?


If I could see into your heart

And you could see into mine

Would we finally understand?

Would it all become clear?


If we could break down these walls

What would we find?


Happily Ever After

My journey won’t be perfect

I’ll have laughter and tears

Joy and sorrow

Hope and despair

I’ll skip

And I’ll trip

I’ll dance

And I’ll fall

The climb will be steep

The weather harsh

At times, my progress slow

But I’ll press on

For in the end

I know

I will find my happily ever after

No comments:

Post a Comment