Monday, April 25, 2005

The Three Little Penguins and the Big Bad Walrus

One day a mother blue penguin laid three eggs. When the eggs hatched, the penguin’s names were Flipper, Flapper, and Feather. They lived with their mom for a year, and then their mom told them to go and build their own houses. “But watch out for the big bad walrus!” She warned. Then Flipper, Flapper and Feather were off.
The first little penguin (Flipper) dug a hole in the snow. Then he covered it with snow. The second little penguin (Flapper) cut down millions of icicles and piled them in a house shape. Then they danced around and slid and splashed in the water. Meanwhile the third little penguin (Feather) was busy making her house perfect with rocks sealed together with solid ice and snow. “Forget the house and come play with us!” they shouted. But Feather ignored them. Finally Flipper and Flapper went to bed. But not Feather. She stayed up late and finished her house.

The next day there was a thump at Flipper’s door. “Little penguin, little penguin, let me in!” a voice shouted. Flipper had been in such a hurry to finish his house that he forgot to make a window, so he poked a hole in the roof. The thing outside was the biggest, ugliest walrus Flipper had ever seen. It was the big bad walrus!
“Not by the feathers on the top of my head,” Flipper answered.
“Then I’ll whack and I’ll smack and I’ll knock you’re house down!” And with that, the walrus started to whack and smack.
Flipper dashed off, with the walrus at his heals. But Flipper reached Flapper’s house first.
Then there was a thump at Flapper’s door. “Little penguin, little penguin, let me in!” A voice bellowed. Flipper and Flapper peeped out through a space in between two icicles. There was the meanest, maddest walrus Flapper had ever seen.
“Not by the feathers on top of my head,” They answered.
“Then I’ll whack and I’ll smack and I’ll knock your house down!” And with that he started to whack and smack.

“Ahh!” the penguins screamed as the thin icicles shattered. Then they waddled as fast as they could, with the walrus at their heels, to Feather’s house. They reached her house just before the walrus, and they barely had time to push the ice door closed, but they made it in one piece.
“What are you doing here?” Feather asked “I thought you would be off playing,”
“The Wa-,” Flipper and Flapper started to say, but they were cut off by a thump at the door.
“Little penguins, little penguins, let me in!” a voice roared. The penguins looked out the window, and there stood the biggest, meanest, most furious walrus.
“Not by the feathers on top of our heads,” Flipper, Flapper, and Feather answered.

“Then I’ll whack and I’ll smack and I’ll knock your house down!” the walrus shouted, getting angrier by the minute. He started to whack and smack, but this time the house did not fall down. The walrus tried again and again and finally slunk over to the water shouting “I’ll be back and I’ll get you, you just wait, you’ll be sorry!” And finally he was gone.
“Yea!” all the penguins shouted “stone and ice is the best!” And Feather helped Flipper and Flapper make houses like hers for next time the big bad walrus came, though he never did. So they all lived (you guessed it) happily ever after.

The End!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment